Monday, March 1, 2010

Perhaps a new career?

I don't know if you have noticed, but I like to write. It's not just in this blog either. I also write notes, write letters, write poems... Now, I'm writing articles.

It all began a few days ago... (well, not the writing, but the article part).

AriCaVa started writing articles about Landscape Design in the Richmond area for examiner.com. Sounded interesting... so I talked to her about it. They are always looking for writers for the area you live in and they have a variety of topics you can write on. All you have to do is select what you are interested in writing about and submit your prose samples. "The powers that be" review your submissions & let you know if you are "in."

It's a little like joining a special group - a club that not all are invited to join. Actually, it was a flashback to portfolio review in college!

My sample article was about... you'll never guess... General Hospital. Yeah, the soap opera. I must have done good because they invited me onboard to write for them!!!

Now, I'm going to be the Richmond TV Examiner. Shocked that I am going to write about TV??? I doubt it. It's something that I tend to work into my life just about every day. Thus far I have written 2 articles, one about Americal Idol/Ellen's first week; the other about The Bachelor Season Finale.

Based on several criteria, you can actually earn MONEY by writing these articles. (Don't come claiming I owe you money, it's not that much!). I haven't really figured out what i need to do to rake in the $5/week, but I'm working on it. If you see my article link - click, it. Humor me.

No comments: