Sunday, February 28, 2010

Collector of Collections

I have mentioned in a previous post that i collect quotes (among other things). These quotes have come to me through many different times in my life. They often reflect my mood at the moment or speak to me about something on a deeper level.

Perhaps my fascination with quotes is that, someday, I, too, hope to say something witty or wonderful or deep enough for people to say over & over again...

So enamored with quotes I am that I painted them on the living room wall of the first house I owned. I loved it! It was something that was truly me and though they were a ridiculous pain to paint over when I sold the house, I would do it again!

Don't tell Cop'er, but I have been eyeballing some walls in our house...

Here are a few of my most recent finds:
  • Surrender isn't about giving up. It's about letting go.
  • If you want to be understood... listen. ~Babel
  • The decisions you make are important... but not that important.
  • Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret. ~Laurence J. Peter
  • Behind every argument is someone's ignorance. ~Louis Brandeis
  • If you believe in eternity, life is irrelevant. ~from "House"
  • Creativity is a drug I cannot live without. ~ Cecil B. DeMille
  • Dance is the hidden language of the soul. ~Martha Graham

No comments: