Monday, April 5, 2010

It's Times Like These...

That I wish I still had my convertible!!!! The warm air, the music turned up loud, the pollen inhaled in obscene amounts... Yeah... love convertibles!

Cop'er bought me a used Sebring convertible a couple of years ago. It needed engine work, so we finally got it running just how it should be. I tooled around town in it - top down, of course. I'm one of those people who will put the top down even if it's a little on the questionable side of warm. I figured it was all ok since I could still use the heat!

I LOVED having a convertible. LOOOOOVVEEEEEEDDDDDD it!

One fateful afternoon, as I was on my way to a doctor's appointment, I was hit by another car on the interstate. Granted, the whole situation was a freak thing - something in the road, officer on the side of the road trying to get it, cars going around the obstacle... yeah, it was definitely a freak accident.

However freak it was, it didn't change the outcome. My little convertible had to be towed away. Then it had to be poked & prodded by the insurance adjuster to see what kind of surgery it might need. Turns out, there was no saving it. It was totalled.

Damn the luck! Just when it's going well, someone comes along & messes things up for me!

Here are the last shots ever taken of her... Oh how I miss the wind in my hair!!! RIP!

No comments: