Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's the Deal?

So what's the deal?
I can't, for the life of me, understand the phrase "pee my pants"...

Let's think about it. How exactly do you PEE your PANTS? Aren't you really PEEING in your pants? I guess it's a verb now... poop my pants; dirty my pants; iron my pants?

I still don't get it. I just can't bring myself to say those words... in that context. It's not right. It's a crime against grammar! & I will not sin against those laws!

What's the deal with "making love"? That was a family favorite at my house growing up. Sister Fantanimal LOVES when we say it. And when i say "loves" i mean she throws up in her mouth a little bit. Then mi madre chimes in with "You can't MAKE love" like it's something created in a science lab.

I think she might be wrong. After all, there are MILLIONS of romance novels that use "making love" to describe the hot, lustful waves of passion two overtly sexual people engage in as they get tangled in the sticky, steamy ritual on one forbidden night after eyeing each other longingly from across a crowded room as their current lovers hold them tight in a possessive embrace...

...huh [clearing the glassy eyed look away]... what was I saying?

Oh yeah... i just don't get it!

No comments: