Saturday, February 6, 2010

An Odd Sense of Deja Vu

I love to see the beautiful white blanket of snow on the ground as much as the next person… but I have to draw the line at back-to-back weekend storms that bring so much snow I have to shovel out.

Again, I can’t deny the unspeakable beauty and peace that comes over the world when it’s covered in flake after flake of little white crystals from the sky.

But back to the “enough is enough”… I have a friend who doesn’t understand what all the complaining is about. After all, Richmond isn’t located in an area that is sure to NEVER receive snowfall. And to him I say, there are several reasons I’m no likin’ the repetitive snowfall right now.

1) I DID have plans for this weekend. With the snowfall, they have been postponed. I have been looking forward to this weekend for about a month now. Couldn’t the snow have waiting till next weekend? Give me a break???

2) As you know, we have 3 small (or short, however you view it) dogs. They don’t like have their private parts chilled when they go out to potty. While the pee hut has helped with those quick trips outside, it doesn’t do anything for the dog that’s a little shy about having everyone watching while he does his business. Let’s face it, the pee hut might be a little cramped for those “private moments."

3) We’ll have to shovel out of the driveway again this weekend… you know, because we don’t have anything else to do with our Sunday. What makes it worse is knowing we have to shovel out – to go to work!!! Come on! If we are going to waste the day doing something like that, at least it could be for a better reason!

I also don’t know how many people have this experience – the more you are in the house, the more you tend to eat. Now, I have to admit that I haven’t been too bad about this personally, but I feel for those friends with kids who can’t expend their energies outside! I imagine their food bills are a little ‘off’ right now!

I have looked ahead to the forecast for the coming week… it’s not pretty. They are calling for some sort of wintery mix on Tuesday.

Another site that’s pretty popular right now in Richmond is http://www.wxrisk.com/. This is a private forecasting firm that specializes in providing forecasts for business & industry concerns. He wasn’t too far off in what happened with this storm & he was right on with the 2 before this—even contradicting the TV forecasters! Currently, he’s predicting another BIG ONE for Presidents’ Day… wait for it… WEEKEND!

I’m starting to feel like I should take a winter long nap. Who said hibernating is a bad thing?

No comments: