Monday, October 22, 2007

It Couldn't Last Forever

yeah... i'm sad about it too. Going back to work. That's right, someone has decided to take a chance on me & what I might (or might not) have to offer their company.

What kind of company is this?


Don't deny it - you know you are thinking that!
Here's the info:
Company (it's non-profit): International CHRIE (that stands for International Council for Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education)
Location
: it's in the middle of the west end of richmond. It's closer to home than going downtown, but a little harder to get to from my house
Position: Publications Coordinator - I'll be overseeing all their printed pieces. There will be some design involved, lots of deadline management, working with people in the organization, but outside the office.
When do I start: Oct 29th


There are several good things about this job. One is that it pays more than my LAST job & i get 'bank holidays' off too! Bank holidays are something i haven't had at ANY job before.

For those of you wondering what Aaron's reaction to this news... He's pretty happy about it. As a matter of fact, 2 things happened right away when I got the news i was gainfully employed again. Aaron took me to dinner at my favorite restaurant (yummy) & we are going ahead with the vacation plans we'd been looking into. So, I have a 9-day cruise to the Southern Caribbean coming my way in January!! I can't wait!

How does Amie feel about going back to work?
Well, you know... it's mixed feelings. I am definitely bored at home & I don't think the "kids" really need me to look after them everyday. I miss having that social interaction as you do going into an office. Talking to people on the phone & a lunch with friends isn't enough for me (I am a social butterfly after all). I will be looking forward to getting a paycheck again and it couldn't be at a better time - Christmas is right around the corner.

If you have lost count of how long I have been out of work/off/on an extended vacation/researching the "reverse income", it's been ALMOST 3 full months. I KNOW! TIME FLIES! What did i do with all the extra time? Let's just say I am well-rested and have a great book of recipes to reference when I am willing to cook. You know how you wish you had all the time in the world to do those projects, read that book, etc, well, just b/c that time might present itself, it doesn't mean that's what you use it for =)


Starting a new job is a little like a new school year. There's all that crazy anticipation going into a new situation, but then there are all those new things you have to get used to as well. Fun & not fun all wrapped together. Is this the PERFECT job for me? Remains to be seen... Let's just hope for the best.

What do I have in mind for the last week of "freedom"? I have a few things I want to do. Lunch with a few friends, spending a little time with my nephews, photographing the fall colors before they pass me by, finishing up the organizing i was doing in the house and getting up closer to the time I will have to nex
t week... i'm sure SOMETHING on this will get accomplished, right? =)

No comments: