Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another year...

Would you look at that? October 11th came around again? I just read a post from my 35th (yes, my REAL 35th) birthday. Seems like just yesterday - not 3 years ago!

Where has the time gone? Zipped right on by. It's true that life doesn't stand still - for anyone!

I'm one of those people who likes to celebrate birthdays. Not just another day for me! Why not do something on the day that's 'yours'?? Life is not nearly full enough of times to make memories, so I'm going to make sure my birthday is one of them.

The 'big' things this birthday weekend were dinner with Cattail & DragonSlayer with Cop'er. Always good getting together with them! The other day I got my gift from Cop'er - a new Zune HD. Love it!

I have a Zune currently & it's one I've used since 2006. That's a long time for an MP3 in this technologically advancing world! So, now I have moved up in the world. No regrets either!

We also went to see "Case 39". It wasn't bad, not sure it was good either though. But one thing I know, any slightly 'spooky' movie that has kids and/or dogs in it is going to be that much scarier! I don't know what it is with those 2 additions to scary movies, but it really creeps me out!

I got to spend a little time with my BFF & her sidekicks. We went to lunch & 'walk through' the new Garden Ridge store on her end of town.
The best part of the whole birthday weekend is the day off I got... not because it's my birthday, but because Columbus was thoughtful enough to discover land & have a holiday declared for his efforts. And now I am reaping the rewards of his discovery... on my birthday.

So, thank you, Mr. Columbus, for all your hard work. Your little discovery really paid off for me!

No comments: